Merit Pre-K is a well-balanced program combining structured academics and play time, including creative hands-on activities.
With a greater level of security and confidence, a Pre-K student is ready for a greater challenge. As students progress through the Pre-K program, the environment they have come to know gradually becomes more defined and organized. At this age children can pay attention for longer periods of time, so we incorporate activities to enhance their cognitive development and curiosity.
ZooPhonics is a multistory Language Arts Program taught through a kinesthetic, multi-modal approach for learning all aspects of language arts, including vocabulary development, phonics and phonemic awareness. This program will help develop the literary skills students need for Kindergarten.
- Be able to blend sounds, read simple sight words
- Recognition of dictated words
- Association of sounds, words and pictures
- Identification of all letters, formation and sounds
- Storytelling (comprehension skills)
- Reading three letter words
This program is focused on Social and Emotional Skills.
- Emotional Management
- Problem Solving
- Pro-Social Behavior
This program will be taught 40 minutes each day. Sonrisas Spanish Curriculum was originally developed as a preschool curriculum. Teaching is structured during Circle Time, Story Time, and Art Time. Through a combination of music, stories, & art we provide students with a fun immersive experience that allows young students to acquire Spanish naturally.
Learning proper physical techniques for movement, balance and gross motor skills.
A little more about the Second Step Program:
Character development is the foundation for personal growth. When children practice skills to promote character development, they build habits that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Character development is the foundation for “Lifelong Learning Skills”
- Cooperation: Working together to achieve a common goal
- Collaboration: Sharing and building upon each other’s ideas
- Leadership: Guiding and leading others
- Communication: Communicate to teach others and share ideas
- Creativity: Creating / Brainstorming new ideas
- Problem Solving: Prediction, experimentation, and thinking skills
Schedule A Tour Today!
We are currently accepting enrollment for all Merit programs. Enrollment is simple…call or visit us any time.Schedule